Writing an Essay Conclusion
Even the most experienced writers can experience difficulties writing a superb essay conclusion. If you have passed a long way to construct a proper essay, you may simply disregard the importance of quality essay conclusions and their effects on your grade. However, all elements of an essay are equally important, be it an introduction, a body of your work, or a conclusion. In your essay conclusion, you are expected to revisit the key points of your essay, bring them together, and understand their implications for the science and practice in your study field. So, what do you do to write a perfect essay conclusion?
Writing an Amazing Essay Conclusion
- Re-read your paper. See what you have written in the body of your work. Consider your thesis statement. Outline the key points of your essay.
- Restate these points. Rephrase and repeat the thesis statement. Remind your readers of what the purpose of your paper was.
- Now summarize the key points of your paper in a college essay conclusion. Use 2-3 sentences for this summary.
- Develop a comprehensive conclusion that helps your readers to focus on the key message of your paper. In the last sentence of the essay conclusion, evaluate the significance of your argument for the reader.
- Edit and proofread your conclusion to avoid grammar and spelling errors. Make sure that the information provided in the conclusion does not distort the original message of your paper.
Things to Remember
- First, all good essays have a conclusion. Its purpose is to link the information provided in the body of the paper to the real-life experience and expertise of the author or the target audience. A good conclusion can be treated as an introduction presented in a reverse manner. That is, it brings readers to the beginning of the paper.
- If you are writing a 5-paragraph paper, then you will have to develop a one-paragraph essay conclusion. If your paper is longer, for example, 3,000 words, then you can include a couple of paragraphs in your conclusion. This way, you will be sure that everything has been properly and accurately summarized.
- You can use a variety of strategies for finishing your paper. For example, you can include a question that readers should answer, after they read the paper. Or you can motivate your readers to become more proactive in solving the dilemmas you have highlighted in your work. You decide which one is better suited to serve the purpose of your essay. In any case, your conclusion should give a sense of completeness to every reader who decides to run through your paper.